PRODUCE, SPICES & SAUCES
2 cloves garlic
1 lb sweet potato
1 lb green beans
1 oz ginger
COMPLETE MEAL BAG
1.5 lb chicken breasts
1 can coconut milk (room temperature)
¼ cup tamari or liquid aminos
2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
2 tbsp honey
1 ¼ tsp sea salt
- Using a blender, food processor or hand blender, combine ginger root, garlic cloves, ½ of the yellow onion (cut into chunks) with spice mix, ¼ cup tamari or liquid aminos and 3 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Pour marinade into a large bowl. Add chicken breasts and massage with marinade. Let sit while prepping veggies.
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces. Place in a saucepan with just enough cold water to cover. Add ¼ tsp sea salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Trim stems of green beans and set aside.
- Strain sweet potatoes and return them to the pot on the stove top with the burner turned off. The residual heat will help any excess water evaporate.
- Pour the chicken and marinade into an 8x8 casserole dish or deep baking pan. Add green beans around the chicken. Place in the middle or bottom rack of the oven for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, transfer your potatoes to a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter and 1 tsp sea salt, mash with a fork or potato masher. Add 2 tbsp honey. Continue mashing or use a hand blender for a creamier consistency. As you are mashing potatoes, add 1room temperature coconut milk about ¼ cup at a time, mashing or mixing until thoroughly combined. Cover until ready to serve.
- Portion chicken, green beans, and sweet potatoes onto 4 plates and enjoy!