PRODUCE, SPICES & SAUCES:
2 lipstick peppers
3 Romaine hearts
3 oz radish
6 oz cucumber
1 red onion
1 lb Yukon gold potatoes
2 cloves garlic
Spice mix (coriander, fenugreek, turmeric, cumin, garam masala)
COMPLETE MEAL BAG:
1 lb ground goat
1 tsp olive oil
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
- Peel and mince garlic cloves. Combine in a bowl with spice mix and ground goat. Mix well with hands and set aside.
- Peel mango and cut into cubes. De-seed sweet peppers and cut into ¼” cubes. Destem and finely chop mint.
- Peel red onion and cut into ¼” pieces. Set half aside for the goat.
- Place chopped veggies in a small saucepan with zest and juice of the limes, ¼ tsp sea salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Carefully break off each leaf of the romaine lettuce and rinse. Place larger leaves on a serving dish. Gather smaller leaves and finely chop to use for garnish.
- Slice cucumber into thin half-moons and radish into thin coins and place on the serving dish with romaine boats.
- Dice potatoes into ¼” cubes.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and other half of red onion to hot pan and saute until potatoes begin to brown and onions are translucent. Add all ingredients in the goat meat bowl and continue to saute, breaking up the meat and stirring with a wooden spoon frequently, until meat is browned and cooked through.
- Serve veggies and goat family style with mango chutney. Build your own boat and enjoy!