Crisp lavash bread, balsamic caramelized pears and goat cheese. Served with refreshing green gazpacho soup. Pizza night just got fancy!
PRODUCE, SPICES & SAUCES:
3 cloves garlic
2 japanese pears
1 granny smith apple
2 hatch peppers
4 oz spinach
8 oz cucumber
3 green onions
Sunflower seeds - ⅓ cup
COMPLETE MEAL BAG:
2 lavash breads
16 oz goat cheese
½ cup vegetable broth
2 tbsp olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Slice pears into quarters. Cut out core and slice quartered pieces into very thin wedges. Peel and slice garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a saute pan over high heat. Carefully place pear slices into the pan and brown for 3-5 minutes. Flip pears, turn heat down to med-low. Add garlic, ½ cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp honey. Cook uncovered 5-10 minutes, until balsamic thickens. Take off heat, cover and set aside to cool.
- Thinly chiffonade basil (see back for instructions). Set aside for flatbreads.
- Core and slice apple. Scoop flesh of avocado. Cut green onions, hatch peppers, cucumber, and jalapeño (use seeds for a spicier soup) into bite sized pieces. Destem dill and mint. Set all aside together.
- Place spinach, zest and juice of the lemons, sunflower seeds, ½ cup veggie broth, 1 tsp sea salt, and 1 tsp black pepper into a blender and puree until smooth. Add remaining veggies and herbs, being sure not to overfill the blender. You may have to blend in 2-3 batches. If veggies are not breaking down or mixture gets too thick, add more broth.
- Once all ingredients are well combined, place in refrigerator or freezer to chill.
- Place 2 lavash breads on baking sheet and brush with a thin layer of olive oil. Evenly pour half of balsamic pear mixture over the lavash.
- Using your hands, break up half of goat cheese into chunks sprinkle on top. Place in middle rack of oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, repeat with 2 more breads.
- Cut each flatbread into 6 slices and serve with cooled gazpacho. Enjoy!